Kim Vij is a certified educator, experienced teacher, and currently is a work-at-home mom. She’s one busy, hard-working woman who’s always on the run whether in the real or virtual world. We are pleased to have Kim Vij on our team, overseeing our Pinterest boards. And you, our followers, love her for it, too! She’s more than tripled our followers and we’re having tons of fun. If you haven’t already, check out Kim’s fabulous KidLit TV boards!
Kim is the co-founder and marketing director of The Educators’ Spin On It a fun and interactive blog that includes all kinds of resources for parents and teachers. “Making everyday moments into teachable opportunities” is the focus of The Educators’ Spin On It. Some of the fun activity ideas you can find are all about reading, math, science, literacy, cooking, gardening, crafting, writing, and learning a second language for Ages 0 to 8. Kim’s Pinterest board is full of fantastic resources for parents. In fact, the Educators’ Spin On It was awarded “Best on Pinterest” in Parents Magazine
In addition to The Educator’s Spin On It, Kim has co-organized:
- The Virtual Book Club for Kids, each month focuses on a different author and/or illustrator. This month’s featured author/illustrator is XYZ.
- Virtual Summer Camp, a book themed Summer Camp that supplies parents with a list of theme based book suggestions, loads of fun activities and crafts to help you and your little campers have thrilling adventures and make lasting memories during summer vacation.
- Summer Look Books Swap , parents exchange books and activities with each other and share their experiences on their blogs.
- TeacherFriends Twitter Chat a weekly twitter chat for teachers that highlights leading experts in education as guests discussing important educational topics to discuss each week with participants.
Kim is also a freelance writer whose articles have been published online and in magazines including a feature in Parents Magazine. Some of her stories and articles include:
- Melissa and Doug
- Sylvan Learning
- Virtual Book Club for Kids
- Agora Pulse
- Social Media Examiner
- You can find additional Guest Articles on the Featured Portfolio Pinterest Board
As a Pinfluencer Kim has successfully partnered with leading children’s educational bloggers and trademarks to create influential boards for early childhood education.
“We believe that parents are their children’s first and most important teacher,” Kim said.
She has created many award-winning Pinterest Boards focusing pins on education and parenting, has over 1.6 Million followers, launched her own Pinterest consulting business and often attends conferences to speak to business owners and bloggers about how to maximize their efforts on Pinterest.
Click here to read and listen to additional Pinterest interviews with Kim.
To learn more about Kim read the KidLit.TV interview:
To CONTACT KIM please email her at email@example.com
Be sure to follow KidLit TV on Pinterest!